Piazza di San Pietro Caveoso is a square on a rectangular plan with a marvellous view over the ravine, accessed through an archway to the left of the Church of San Pietro Caveoso. The Murgia with its rock-churches rises up straight ahead, and the ridge with its “blind eyes” on the right. These natural caves were adapted for agrarian use in times gone by. The rocky mass of the Monterrone looms over the piazza, giving every impression that a precarious boulder might be unleashed from its heights at any minute. The piazza was refurbished in 1947 and a wall built at the bottom of the Monterrone, which is visible on the right.